About Me

My photo
I blog. I also mother, wife, create, preserve, recycle, cook, act, quilt, exercise, laugh, write, lolligag, work, volunteer, sing, and sometimes sleep.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Applesauce

I thought the first post should be introductory, explain why I decided to start this blog, why I decided I wanted to have a new blogspace away from myspace, different than the other blogger account I haven't used in 3 years, one that could be business, personal, crazy, silly, informative, whatever. But I always do that, I always spend so much time doing what I feel like I should do instead of what I want to do.

Instead, I am going to talk about applesauce. Our neighbors' apple trees are super productive this year, so we collected and made applesauce tonight. It is SO tasty! But a giant pot of apples only made 3 quart jars plus one 8 oz jar of applesauce. Granted, a quart of applesauce really is a lot, I maybe should have considered not using such big jars. Regardless, we didn't have to add any sugar at all and it is incredibly delicious. Really.

No comments: